2017 Stop Domestic Violence Conference Dates Announced
The 3rd STOP Domestic Violence Conference Australia will be held at Rydges Melbourne from Monday 4 – Tuesday 5 December, followed by half day workshops on Wednesday 6 December 2017.
This year the conference will embark on the theme of ‘Domestic Violence Does Not Discriminate’ with nine featured speakers and over 50 expert stream/ workshop presenters. The conference aims to provide a platform for a unified national voice on ending domestic violence.
The STOP Domestic Violence Conference Australia will address and encompass a variety of topics including impacts on the family, community, services and support, law enforcement, socio-economic implications, research findings and protection of the vulnerable.
- Managing Perpetrators of Domestic Violence
- Preventing Violence in our Communities
- Intervention of Domestic Violence
- Fostering Children’s Safety and Wellbeing
- Collaborating and Supporting Diversity and Intersectionality
- Building Strong Legal Responses
- Developing an improved Mental Health Response
- Working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island Peoples
- Creating a Resilient Workforce
- Lived Experience
- Domestic Violence and the Media
Abstract Submission is now open until Monday 14 August 2017. Individuals and organisations are invited to submit an abstract to deliver a 30-minute oral presentation; a poster presentation; or 90-minute workshop which addresses one or more of the conference topics. For more information and to submit your abstract click here.
Join other professionals who are passionate about discussing issues, challenges and collaborating on innovative approaches to stop domestic violence, by becoming a partner, sponsor, exhibitor or advertiser. Please contact Bec Byrnes, Business Partnerships Manager on 07 5502 2068 or via email.
For more information on the 2017 Stop Domestic Violence Conference please visit www.stopdomesticviolence.com.au