Dates announced for The 2015 Australian Stop Domestic Violence Conference
The Australian Stop Domestic Violence Conference will be hosted by the Australian and New Zealand Mental Health Association Inc. in Canberra on 8-9 October.
The Conference will bring together Policy Makers, Government, Practitioners, NGO’s, Councillors, Academics, Mental Health specialists, Service Providers, HR Professionals and Victims Support Groups from Australia and New Zealand.
The Conference Program Committee consists of professionals from respected organisations from within experience in the current issues and future concerns of the field.
Stop Domestic Violence Conference Program Committee
- Dr Annabel Taylor – Director at Qld Centre for Domestic Violence
- Gabrielle Borggaard – General Manager at Domestic Violence Action Centre
- Virginia Geddes – Executive Officer at Domestic Violence Resource Centre, Victoria
- Carol Birrell – Group Manager at Homeless Services Women & Children
- Mirjana Wilson – Executive Director at Domestic Violence Crisis Service, Canberra Area, Australia
- Jacqui Watt – CEO at No to Violence, Male Family Violence Prevention
- Denise Roberts – Training coordinator, No To Violence
- Annette Gillepsie – CEO, safe steps Family Violence Response Centre & Member of Board of Directors, The Luke Batty Foundation
- Sarah Brown – Content Manager at Australian and New Zealand Mental Health Association
The Domestic Violence Conference Program will consist of invited Keynotes, Concurrent Streams, Workshops and Poster Presentations. Those who submit abstracts will have the option of peer reviewing and all full papers will be published in the book of proceedings with an ISBN number.
As we are planning to have three concurrent streams, all presentations will be available to attendees via podcast post-conference.
More information is to come on the Stream titles however topics will include: mental health, prevention, intervention, policy making, funding concerns, impact on children, disability and aged care abuse, and more.